Friday, February 6, 2009

Stefanie's Portrait

I was introduced to Stefanie by my friend Scott. When I first met her, I immediately started thinking of her in photographs. She has a timeless quality that I felt would lend itself to a variety of settings. When I asked her, she was excited and very gracious.

She suggested the downtown area of L.A. The particular section we visited was filled with defunct movie houses, odd retail stores and left over restaurants from a bygone era. This proved to be a perfect backdrop for what I had in mind. Click on the above photo and take a look at some of the photos from the day.

If you are in the area and after you look at all the wonderful architecture, I highly recommend going to Clifton's Cafeteria which originally opened in 1935. It is decorated in a mountain lodge motif. There is a lifesize forest mural, a 20 foot waterfall, an odd deer sanctuary and plenty of local color to satisfy a full day of people watching.

1 comment:

  1. i went to cliftons cafeteria with alexa - i loved it! i'm so glad you went there.

    ReplyDelete